Friday, June 28, 2013

Cookin' with the "Booch"

Cookin' With The "Booch."

As I have said before, I like my Kombucha to taste like vinegar. I have let it brew for 25 or more days just to get that lovely sour taste. I will drink it straight (in small doses) and I will put it in stuff like dressings and marinades. A few nights ago I was cooking some wild trout from our local river and I soaked it with the "Booch" (Kombucha) and added spices like Rosemary, black pepper and salt. Then I put on some butter and wrapped the whole thing in foil and through it on the B.B.Q. and in five or ten minutes had the best tasting fish ever!!!
If this isn't a cave woman dinner then I don't know what is! I love the "Booch"! and I can't wait to expand into Milk Kefir and Water Kefir. I'm sure they will be just as good and fun as Kombucha. The Kefirs are made from SCOBYs too, they just look like little pop corns or cauliflowers rather than a pancake.
  I would love to know how you all are cookin' with the "Booch." Please feel free to post your ideas and recipes! The more cave woman/ man and Hillbilly the better! We don't even need measurements, just tell us what you put in it!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey! Give me some feed back! Are we cookin' with the "Booch" or are we just drinking it? I don't think that I'm the only one out there that likes to cook with the stuff.

    ReplyDelete